Saturday, February 13, 2010

A strange beginning to 2010

Well friends, its been a while since I posted anything to the site. Well, there is a good reason why. On Christmas Eve, 2009, as a result of 9 inches of rain that fell in the Beebe area over the 23rd and 24th, the neighborhood that I live in flooded and as a result, my house was damaged. My house itself had 10 inches of water in it and my garage had 16 inches of water. That night, as a result of the fast rising floodwaters, the Beebe Fire Department had to come in a rowboat and rescue me and my two pets. I have been staying at my parents since December 24. I was not able to get back to my house til December 26. Its amazing the feelings that one goes through when you're involved in a natural disaster. Mine was shock, sadness, anger, pessimism, optimism, and everything in between. I have also been frustrated with the insurance process and I will talk about later. The good news is that the contractor will be starting the repair process on Monday, and it will take 4-6 weeks. I will try to post pictures of the before and after. Also, for those wondering, I will be back broadcasting very soon. My target date is the February 19 conference double header against White Hall at Badger Sports Arena. In either case, I will be posting again soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home