Wednesday, May 19, 2010

spring football practice

This afternoon, I paid a visit to Bro Erwin Stadium as the Beebe Badger football team was taking part in spring football practice. They were working on short yardage and goal line situations. There were a number of Badgers that I was very impressed with, but keep your eye on sophomore to be Jared Gilliam. He made some tackles on defense that really impressed the coaching staff. These Badgers are bigger and stronger and should make some noise as Beebe returns to the 5A East after a two year stint in the 5A Southeast. After practice, I spoke w/ former Badger Victor Howell. Victor told me that he is attending Arkansas Baptist College on a football scholarship and will also run track. His goal is to hopefully attend the University of Tulsa and maybe play football for them. I have a feeling we'll be hearing his name quite a bit over the next few years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home