Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It is done

Well friends, it is now done. This process that I have been going through for nine months is now over and official. My divorce is official, signed and legal. I was wondering what emotions and feelings that I would be going through today. I can tell you this: I am not celebrating. I am happy that the process is over, but I'm not happy that it came to this. If someone had told me a year ago that by late July of 2009, that I would be divorced, I wouldn't have believed them. I have learned a lot about myself during this process. One of the things that I set out to do was to network with other men and women who went through a divorce. All the advice and good words that I have heard from everyone has really helped me to deal with these feelings that I have gone through. I would not wish this on anyone, not even my worst enemy. I am inviting anyone who reads this to comment, to give their own feelings, and to write down whatever is on your mind. I do want to thank not only my friends and family, but my attorney. I am thankful that my ex signed the papers and mailed them back as quick as she did. Not that I haven't moved on, but now, I can officially move on.

2 Comments:

Blogger justplainevil said...

I'm sure this year will be better than last. Glad your process is over and you can begin again.
Tina

3:29 PM  
Blogger ssmith said...

Thanks Tina! I feel the same way. Thanks for reading my blog.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home